Greenbrier Valley PAD Producer Meeting
26 September 2013
|6:00 – 6:30
||Registration, Networking, Refreshments
|6:30 – 6:45
||Welcome, Agenda Overview, Introductions
- Welcome from Steve Weir, Greenbrier Valley EDC
- Review meeting objectives & agenda
|6:45 – 7:10
||PAD Center: Why, What, Where (Quincy Gray McMichael Lewis, Greenbrier Valley Local Foods Initiative)
- Why a PAD center?
- What has been done to-date?
- Where are we headed?
|7:10 – 8:20
||PAD Center: Feasibility Study Overview & Visioning
- Feasibility study: what is it, what will be done & how long will it take?
- Thomas Shepstone, Shepstone Management Company
- Small Group Discussion
- If the PAD center is to be useful, we must avoid the following things…
- In order for the PAD Center to be useful, it must include the following things…
- What Equipment is needed?
- What Infrastructure is needed?
- What Services are needed?
- Large Group discussion around the answers to the above questions
|8:20 – 8:30
||Clarify Next Steps
- How can folks stay involved
- Define what will happen next
|8:30 – 9:00
||Networking & Refreshments
- Clarify what has been done to-date regarding the development of a Processing, Aggregation, and Distribution center (PAD)
- Define next steps and plans for testing the feasibility of building a PAD center
- Develop a collective vision for what growers want (and do not want) from a PAD center
- Clarify how growers can stay involved in the process